PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
- 6 slices of brown/white sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup of milk or cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup chopped veges eg. Silverbeet, spinach, leeks, carrots, corn, peas, beans
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook veges in microwave or pan on stove-top.
- Cut crusts off of the bread
- Spread margarine thinly on one side of bread
- Press bread (Margarine side down) into muffin tins.
- Bake bread cases at 200°C for 5 minutes
- Heat oil in saucepan
- Add flour and mix to a paste
- Gradually add milk, heat and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add eggs, cheese and cooked veges and mix together.
- Place a spoonful of filling into each case.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C until lightly brown and mixture is set.