PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 5 MINS + Chilling time
- 3 large Rhubarb stalks
- 3 Lemons
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- Mint leaves and/or lemon/lime slices to garnish
- Wash and cut the rhubarb stems into 5cm pieces.
- Zest the lemons then juice them.
- Add rhubarb, lemon peel and juice to the water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to make a syrup.
- Strain out the rhubarb and lemon bits and add the sugar. Stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Chill the syrup.
- To serve, pour about 1/4 cup syrup into a glass, add water and ice. It is fun to crush the ice in a blender first if you like!
- Garnish with a mint leaf or a slice of lemon/lime.