PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 15 MINS
SERVES: 20 rolls
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 bag bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green/red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 180*c.
- Put a little oil into a large pan. 3
- Add the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce, oil and brown sugar until smooth; stir into cabbage mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; remove from the heat.
- Take one defrosted egg roll wrapper and place on baking paper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Spoon cabbage mixture on the bottom third of one egg roll wrapper; fold sides toward centre and roll tightly. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat for all the wrappers.
- Spritz tops of egg rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.