PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 20 – 25 MINS
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 75 g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Chopped ham, crushed Pineapple, Sweetcorn kernels, chopped Spinach, sliced Onion, grated Carrot, sliced Tomato, sliced Mushroom, Herbs
- Turn oven on to bake at 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add chopped butter and run together until mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Add milk and mix to make a dough.
- Flour bench and roll dough out into a rectangle – not too thick or to thin!
- Spread the tomato paste and add all the topping you like. Make sure there isn’t too much!
- From the long end, roll up the dough/toppings mixture until it looks like a log. Cut the log into individual serves and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the over for 20 minutes or until they are golden and look ready.
- Cool slightly before eating as they can be very hot!