PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
SERVES: 15 pieces
• 1 1/2 cups cooled mashed pumpkin
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 Tbsp orange rind
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
- Grate rind from oranges, add to eggs.
- Juice oranges until you have 1/2 cup of juice and add to bowl.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and mashed pumpkin. Whisk everything together.
- Add chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and fold together gently.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 30—35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting and eating.