PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 20 Fritters
- 3 cups Frozen Baby Peas, thawed
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 spring or red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 100g feta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Oil and Butter for cooking fritters
- Place the peas into a bowl. Mash roughly with a potato masher.
- Finely chop the onions, mint and parsley and add to the peas.
- Crack eggs into the pea mixture and add the milk. Mix until combined.
- Crumble in the feta and mix again.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, pepper and salt together and gently fold into the pea mixture. Don’t over mix of the fritter won’t be light and fluffy.
- Heat a little oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, adding a little extra oil to the pan for each batch.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm until ready to serve.