PREP: 15 MINS (plus 30-60 mins to rise the dough)
COOK: 20 MINS
SERVES: 2 Pizzas
PIZZA BASE DOUGH
- 400g plain flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 Tbs olive oil
PIZZA TOPPING – any of these that you like!
- Shaved ham
- Tomato sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Onion/spring onion
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees Bake.
- Get 2 baking tray ready and lined with baking paper.
- Place flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the water and olive oil then knead by hand for 7 – 10 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Set aside in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes to an hour until it double s in size.
- Knead the dough gently for a few minutes to remove some air.
- Divide the dough into two equal balls.
- Sprinkle the bench with some flour to stop the dough from sticking.
- Then roll the dough out to make the bases and place them onto the baking tray you have ready.
- Spread the sauce on the bases.
- Add the toppings you like and finish with lots of cheese to hold it all together.
- Place each tray into the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remember to keep checking them because sometimes they cook faster than you think!