PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
- 650g pumpkin
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 sticks celery
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 cup fresh herbs (chives ,basil and parsley)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lemon juice/apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup extra light oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp sugar
(Must be at room temperature)
- Remove the skin and seeds from pumpkin and cut the flesh into smallish cubes.
- Put in pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer until the pumpkin is just soft, then drain and refresh with cold water. Leave to drain and cool.
- Toast the walnuts in frypan on medium heat brown on both sides (4-5 minutes) Remove and cool. Repeat with pumpkin seeds and set aside to cool.
- Slice the celery and dice the capsicum and put in large bowl.
- Roughly tear the herbs and throw in.
- For the dressing-put egg and lemon juice and mustard in food processor. Blend until well combined.
- While processor going drizzle in oil as slow as you can.
- Add the curry powder and blend a little more.
- Put the cooled pumpkin into the bowl with the celery, capsicum and herbs.
- Pour over the dressing and sprinkle over the nuts and mix gently to combine.
- Chill until you are ready to serve